Saturday, August 05, 2006

Life. It's a way to live!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lane talked the other day about being in Boston and no one there knowing him from Adam....I have thought about that blog for a couple of days and it really hits home for me. It would be fantastic to step out and do that ....cover myself in another place. Live outside my bounds and restraints that I now have.
I have always done things the easy way. Always stayed close to home. Never drove real fast. Never got into much trouble. Never gave a thought to moving away ...much less to another state!! Lane and his wife are doing it and they are going to be better for it . My friend Cyndi who grew up in Notasulga....same as me . She got married to a marine and they moved to California and have been there 6 years ...and they love it .
Will I ever move? I would like to say ...YES!! I would dig being able to invite folks to my place in North Carolina .....Maybe one day....

SCHOOL-
I am reminded of the movie You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. She talks about fall reminding her of school . How she loves the smell of freshly sharpned pencils . Funny thing about all that is this ....I am the same way . When I was in school I loved it . Loved going to talk to advisors about classes .....Loved gettting the classes ....enjoyed get books .....and then it all stopped . My academic life came to a stop in 1996. I was never a student that went to school each semester or quarter. I would be in school two semesters and then work two semesters . I made things longer but it was the only option I had at the time.
Then my Dad needed us to work and help our business more. At this time our business was in a low point and he needed all the family help he could get.
I stopped going to school for a year with the intent of going back . We sold our business to Jim Massey . On December 22, 1997, Gregg Cleaners became a memory. I have not set foot in a classroom since. I MISS IT!!!
I see my good friends going back to school and somewhere deep in me I am a little jealous. That is silly and childlike but its honest. I am so proud of them but I want to be there also . So I am taking a move towards doing something about it . I have spoken to someone this week who might help with the cost of Classes or if nothing else the books. Anyway we will see what happens.......

Like Toby's dad on the WEST WING.....I just had the strongest memory..........
I was at my old high school , Macon Academy, and I was in Mr. Edwards office in the Library. It was the coolest office ...tucked off in the corner with dusty old shelves filled with lots of old crap. Kinda like Indiana Jones office in THE LAST CRUSADE. I can still smell the books, coffee and cigarettes. Yes he smoked in his office. It was a different time folks ....people did crazy things .
Talk to ya later

3 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

This blog makes me happy :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that you love school. Because you have a photographic memory, school would be a breeze for you. Where did you go for two years? Auburn? I encourage you to go back, but can't you go to school and work at Dalraida too? I couldn't stand it if you left Dalraida! JMH

Anonymous said...

hey, you always make me feel good when I read your blog.. I like the way you make, push, and challenge me to think about different ways of life. I do not always agree and that is when I miss you the most.

GOING BACK TO SCHOOL..MAYBE??? Keep me posted, and you know I will write any rec. I can or do whatever I can to help you reach this goal or dream.

Love ya and Miss you more than you know,
MER