Thursday, December 18, 2008

So This Is Christmas .....







So ....
I decided it was about time I posted something new......Last year about this time I posted about things of Christmas that were special to me. It was good enough for then so I think its good enough for now also...

A few of my favorite things ..

  • Watching my nephews in their Christmas play at school.



  • Picking out my tree.



  • Holiday movies. Watching with friends, drinking coffee, laughing, sharing.



  • Going shopping. Yeah, I know many folks complain but for me its part of the season to get out there and be among all those people.



  • The houses decorated with lights. From big displays to small, I always find enjoyment in riding around and looking.



  • Making fudge. The peanut butter kind ...very tasty.



  • Egg Nog.



  • Reading A Christmas Carol.



  • Going caroling with the youths from church.



  • Finding new versions of old christmas songs to enjoy.



  • Seeing the stockings I helped my Granny make when I was a little boy. They still hang on her fireplace mantle each year.



"There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say," returned the nephew: "Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"


Fred Scrooge's Nephew from A Christmas Carol

And thats my tree up above ...The red ornament used to hang on my Nanas tree and the Santa CLaus is my favorite ornament.

Merry Christmas !







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding new versions of Christmas songs is one of my favorite things to do. I haven't really had time yet this year.

Did you find anything particularly good?

Nick M. said...

I like new versions of Christmas songs too, but I usually just get whichever ones you find and tell me about.

Your tree looks great!