Monday, June 15, 2009

Caroling Out In The Snow.......




So.....

I once again would like to say for everyone who reads this little blog o mine.....I hate, detest,despise,loath the summer months. And of course our summer months are sometimes April -October.

It was 96 here in Montgomery today ....How in all of God's creation could you possibly find any sliver of joy from being out in 96 degree heat?


Laying out in the sun by the pool....Blech.


Going to the beach...when its up near 100...Blech.


Spend any amount of time outside that you dont have to ....Blech.

I like it cool...rainy...damp..overcast...cloudy...I have said it before but it fits my mood.
96 degrees makes me angry and bitter. It makes me want to get into fights with strangers at the grocery store. It makes me want to run over squirrels because they wear such heavy coats in the summer.

So heres the deal ....I will count each day of summer being gone as another day closer to Fall and Winter being closer....
I leave Sunday for Asheville NC for a week ...gotta be better there ...
















1 comment:

mary said...

NC, in my opinion, does have the very best summer weather of anywhere in the entire country. Granted, that is based on very little experience traveling around to other areas during the summer :-)

I remember when we lived in Dothan, I would just go to the mailbox and back in July and literally I would need to shower again. Absolutely miserable. I do sympathize (despite all of my cold weather complaints lately).