Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This ...That ....and the Other !!!!!!!

Alright folks .....this is a mix of all kinds of thoughts ....stay with me......

I think I am becoming a different person. I am sure that it's about time, but I have actually staved off the bitterness and the paranoia for a long time. I tend to be more trusting. In the last couple of months, though, since things have been a bit tough, I have gotten a bit of a hard edge. I think that is finally seeping into other aspects of me. I actually find myself struggling between the old me and the new me at times... Old me meaning Jason in his early to mid 20's and new me meaning Jason now.

I don't necessarily like this - but I think it necessary. When you go through something rough, I think there is always that uneasiness on the other side.....Who exactly am I now? How has what I have been through made me stronger.. or weaker.. or just different. Can I ever be that same person I was before? Do I even want to be that same person?
I have always said that the experiences someone has can either affect them or control them. I have also said that I chose to let them affect me, but not control me. Times like now cause me to doubt that a bit. I am being controlled.

Again Insomnia finds me. I wish he would lose my address or something. He comes into my house almost every night and sits at the foot of my bed and cries like a baby .....But not sleeping turn out to be good for reading ....and man I am reading lots ....more on that later.

One more night of VBS!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my job so much ...let me say that first but VBS is something that I almost cannot handle!! It is so fantastic to see the church filled each night with not only kids but with their parents, grandparents and all the youth members who are helping out .....The sounds of kids playing outside with recreation , dancing and singing with Music or working on crafts they are some of the best sounds you will ever hear.......but I really dont think Children Ministry is my strong point .....I know its not. I can deal with youth on a much different level than I can with kids... Kids cry,throw food,fight with each other, laugh at things I dont understand....and while the folks in the youth group do all those same things ....I can just deal with the youth better. Anyway its done tomorrow.

Superman,Pirates and Mutants......
I have seen three movies this summer.....Thats it ....and all three were pretty dang good.....Superman Returns was my favorite by far...But Pirates is a very close second ....If you like Superman or enjoyed the first Pirates then you should by all means go see both of these movies.
A Prarie Home Companion starts at the Capri on July 21.

Books........
I am currently reading Dirty South by Ace Atkins.....Ace played football as a Defensive end in the early 1990s at Auburn University and was on the 1993 Undefeated Team. He is a great writer. I read an article about him in Entertainment Weekly magazine and bought one of his books last fall and just got this latest one. He mainly writes southern crime stories but not in the same vein as John Grisham....These books have a harder edge to them....they make you feel the dirt and the grime....but that is what a good book is supposed to do ....PULL YOU IN .
Before turning to writing full time, Ace Atkins worked as a crime reporter for The Tampa Tribune for several years. He earned a Pulitzer Prize nomination and Livingston Award nomination for his seven-part series about an unsolved murder of a Tampa socialite in 1956, “Tampa Confidential". Those stories became the basis of his latest book, White Shadow. He has been reviewed by the New York Times, Tampa Tribune, LA Times, Entertainment Weekly, and the Chicago Tribune. If You are looking for a really good summer read check him out .
Plus he's an AUBURN MAN .......WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Travel......
I am finally going to Georgia on Friday ....it is my payment for getting through VBS. Hope to have some pictures to post by Saturday.

I have said enough.....and if I have not said it enough before....I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you took my advice and GOT OUT OF TOWN! Now plan a trip that lasts longer than 1 day.

I love reading your blog and I love being your friend. JH