Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Happy Easter

So how have you been ? Things going good for ya ? Been pretty busy around my life lately....
But I can see that light at the end of the tunnel and guess what ...that light is Asheville North Carolina!!!!!
Here is the deal ....I have one of the best jobs in the entire world. It affords me with the chance to impact lives in some way (thats what we tell ourselves anyway). I have wonderful opprotunities to help others . My schedule is VERY flexible and If I get my work done then things are cool ......BUT........I cannot really enjoy major holidays. Easter and Christmas usually just turn out to be hectic times. The biggest times of the church year and folks who work in the church are so busy that usually the days are on us before we know it and BOOM ...it's all over!
Nick mentioned in his recent blog about how busy things are this week and I agree. But here's hoping you all have a great Holy Week.

I am giving serious thought to maybe moving to the Western North Carolina area......It"s just a great area and I so enjoy being up there ....Part of my reason for going next week is to just check things out .....I have not moved anywhere yet !!!!

I would like to suggest a really good book.....Team Of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin.
It tells the story of Abe Lincoln and how he brought together a fantastic team to run the country after his election in 1860. A good many folks in his cabinet were either Democrats or Republicans who ran against him and did not have a high regard for him. It's a great read!

Talk to yall soon

No comments: