Sunday, July 22, 2007

Its about me ...and You...and them ....

Some days we are forced to look at ourselves......I like myself today alot more than I did last year this time ....dont ask why its pretty dang complicated ....
But that was last year and this is this year ......
Being selfish has never been my thing...or at least I dont think it is ....I dont even think being selfish is really in my nature ....but there are times in our lives when we want it all to be about us ...Screw you its MY time ...If you are reading this right now you know that deep down inside you also feel this way ....and I think that it is ok to be that way . But it cannot EVER be the only way ......
I have been hurt and I have for sure hurt someone or some people in my lifetime ...folks that I dont even know ...The lady at WalMart who pissed me off and I was rude ....WHY was I rude??

I am a man slowly coming to terms with it all ....its not easy but the ride has been fantastic!
Without a heart and soul and without compassion for others or any patience we are a doomed people . We need to try and understand each others differences and then sit back and try and decide what we can all offer each other ....our friends our family people we work with ....what can we offer them ...long term??
Take a chance at something different....help out somewhere ....run for office .....volunteer at a local shelter or your church .....dont be affraid to do something ....Not getting hurt cannot be an excuse cannot be your reason ...any more !
I am a person of substance,character, laughter,tears, and variety. I vote for Democrats, I am loyal to my friends and family .
I am me . Take me or leave me ......
I close with this from the West Wing Season 3......

MRS. LANDINGHAM--You know, if you don't want to run again, I respect that. But if you don't run 'cause you think it's gonna be too hard or you think you're gonna lose... well, God, Jed, I don't even want to know you.

4 comments:

Nick M. said...

Brilliant post. Who are you and where is the real Jason?...I kid I kid...I'm glad you are at the station you are in your life and I know that there are only good things in your future. Keep being you, and taking your risks, we are all here to catch you when you slip (and likewise for the rest of us). Cheers!!

Laura Mielke said...

I agree with Nick. You are beautiful! And I would also like to leave you a quote...but you'll have to read my blog to find it out!

Laura Mielke said...

Have a BLAST in Asheville!

The Bean said...

I vote for Republicans but I still think you're OK. ;)