Friday, December 07, 2007

Happy Christmas !!


Nick recently posted about his favorite Christmas/Holiday Movies and it got me to thinking about my favorite Christmas memories......This is basically for me but yall enjoy also !!


In no order .....




Trying to figure out how Santa brought horses to my grandparents house one year in the late 1970s.


Not being able to sleep as a kid because you know KNOW KNOW that you can hear Santa every time you shut your eyes.


Leaving Mamas homemade carrot cake out for Santa instead of cookies. We never once left him cookies.


Going to Nana and Ga's house on Christmas eve for dinner and presents. That was the Gregg side of our family . We celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve.


The year I got Daddy Dog from my Ga. I still have that stuffed dog.


Going to Granny and Grandaddy's after leaving Nana and Ga's house. We then watched old Miller family movies. The old 8mm stuff with the loud projector clickclickclickclick.....


The year I got so many smurfs and then most were scooped up in wadded wrapping paper and tossed away.....blech.


Watching favorite holiday movies with GREAT FRIENDS.


Grandaddy always wearing a red sweater on Christmas morning ....I wear one every year now.


The last Christmas in the house I grew up in out in Macon County .


The last Christmas with my Dad.......The first Christmas without my Dad. Sad


Getting Connie his first real TONKA Dump truck this year. Big, Yellow, Metal ! I had one ....His Dad had one ....my Dad had one. Little boys need dump trucks !!!


Hunter Still believing.


Egg Nog.


Reading A Christmas Carol every year before Christmas


Listening to old Christmas records on my Grandaddys RCA Sterophonic Hi-Fi while we decorated the tree at their house.


Will Ferrel in ELF saying Son-of-a-Nutcracker


Heres to years and years of more memories yet to be made.

Peace and Love

Jason












2 comments:

Nick M. said...

Good times. Let's break out that old 'hi-fi' and the Christmas "Jack" and toast another season!

The Bean said...

I still believe in Santa Clause, seriously.