Thursday, July 31, 2008

Movie Night ....


So...Tonight we actually finally started our trek to watch EVERY movie on the AFI Top 100 list. Mr Lucas picked a great one ...GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER. Spencer Tracy ,Sidney Poitier,Katheryn Hepburn....What a good movie ...

Anyway ....If you have not seen it ...Find a copy and watch ...its a good one.

The scene where Sidney Poitiers character has a talk with his dad about things is so powerful....The topic of a black man and a white women getting married in 1967 was taboo and its still a powerful topic today ...

Spencer Tracy, in his last role, was amazing.


Thats it....

2 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

I really want to watch it again now...

Mary Tyler S. said...

It's one of my favs! Might I suggest one - "Bringing up baby".... It up there my all time top 5. I can't remember where it is, but I know its on the AFI top 100. It's HILARIOUS.