Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Church Bells Are Ringing .....

So....
I posted the other day about my visit recent visit to Tuskegee and how incredibly sad it was to see the town now .....
Well last weekend I had a dream that involved a part of Tuskegee and wanted to post here about it to get folks opinions about the dream...

I was in my old home church in Tuskegee...First Presbyterian Church. It was packed with folks...the aisles were full of folks chatting and catching up ...the doors were open wide with people streaming in....

A little about my old church ....it was built in 1887ish ....is a classic looking white clapboard church with tall soaring stained glass windows and a tall steeple in the front.....brick front poarch area with tall white columns. Inside the front door is a set of steep stairs to your right that lead up to a small balcony that over looks the sanctuary. Off to the sides of the balcony are two small rooms that were never used when I grew up...there is a small center room, with glass front doors where you can go in and pull the cord that was attached to the bell.

Ok ....so I am there and notice folks from my current church are also there doing things here and there and someone tells me that my dad is upstairs in the room with bell rope.
I turn and head towards the stairs and get there and someone says I cant go up ....I say ok .
I again go back and try again ...again told no.
I keep trying different ways to get up there and no one will allow me up to see him ....I go out into the sanctuary and look up and can see a shadow of someone in the room .....
I go back to the stairs and then for some reason I am at the top of the stairs but not allowed onto the balcony.....I hear the choir singing and then I wake up ...

So what does it all mean ?

No comments: