Monday, May 18, 2009

COLD WINDY WET COLDPLAY!!!

The above picture is from the concert and the best I could do with a $170.00 camera...but this is indeed COLDPLAY up there ....

So.....

After a 15 year break from concerts I made the trek over to Atlanta on Sunday afternoon to see the greatest rock band in modern history....COLDPLAY!!! For me to go to a concert that did not include some type of big band music or a type of salute to the old standards of the 1930s and 40s was a BIG DEAL. Yall know me ...I am a dork when it comes to music.

Here's the deal though ...It rained ...ALOT. I mean SOGGY SOGGY ground and grass. I am usually prepared and for this I was ...I took a chair. We get to the gates and they are telling everyone to take their chairs back because for tonight only ...chairs are not allowed. HUH?

Anyway ...sitting on the ground for a couple of hours getting wet was not fun but seeing COLDPLAY in concert more than made up for it ...

For me to stand in rain...sit in wet grass....get really cold from the wind blowing ...that was a big deal...
As I mentioned we had lawn seats and although we were not down front we had really good spots and could see the band pretty dang good.

So as of today I have seen The Drifters,Janet Jackson, The Eagles and Coldplay in concert....


LOST

I have made no secret of the fact that this past season did not do it for me ...but the season ender was really good. I am looking forward to the end of the show next year.


I am reading a really good book right now called The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin. This guy had so many health and digestive problems and was literally wasting away from poor health. He then turned to the Bible and some friends and started looking into how folks ate YEARS ago ....going organic, living off fresh items, getting back to the basics. His changes in his lifestyle were amazing and clearly seen in his photos. I bought this book last year but am just now reading it ...I am very impressed so far.



Go to that link and then follow into the US area.....I think i would enjoy having one of these little gadgets. ....again because I am a nerd
SINATRA
Martin Scorcese has been tapped to direct a big screen bio about The Voice. All the legal stuff has been finalized and now casting has started. Tina Sinatra has said that she wants this to be done on the same level as RAY and WALK THE LINE. Release should be sometime next year....
I am excited

and Congrats
.... to Mary D for graduating this past weekend from law school!!! Mary has become my sounding board about a subject near and dear to my heart. We have a shared passion for one BIG topic....Glad to see her done with school.

2 comments:

mary said...

Thanks JMG!

As you probably know, we agree on the much smaller issue of LOST as well. I didn't think I was going to like the end after this season but I thought it was good too.

Also, I am extremely jealous of everyone down south that got to see Coldplay this weekend. We've been trying to fit in a show for years and the timing never works. After hearing everyone's reviews, it makes me want to go even more!

Stephanie said...

Jason, I used miracle gro potting soil for the plants. They also are in a pretty shaded area - they only get mid-morning through early afternoon sunlight. I don't know if that's helping or not.

The biggest hindrance to gardening for me is going to be premature picking by Asher! He's worse than the squirrels. If anything can stay on the vine long enough, we might get some tomatoes out of it.