Monday, May 25, 2009

Sum...Sum....Summertime!!!




So....


As we all know I am not that fond of the summer but with summer comes the urge to hit the road...load up the car and head on a the great American roadtrip...buy a plane ticket and fly somewhere....jump on the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe and see the country. I was reading Mr Lucas' blog and decided I would share my plans for the upcoming summer months.

As usual, youth stuff will keep me pretty busy with some added day trips this summer but the two big things I have coming up are ...

I am going back to Washington DC in July. In less than two months actually...
Taking my mother, my brother and his family My aunt and uncle in Georgia are going also...
We are driving up and will be spending 8 days. I am excited. They are excited.
One reason for my excitment is the fact that I know a little about the DC area after having spent a couple of weeks up there with the youth on mission trips.

I know the METRO lines pretty good....I know the roads moderatly well....I am looking forward to playing tourguide and not having to keep up kids from the youth group.

Washington DC is a great city ....

The other trip is in the planning stages...I have a good friend from high school that lives outside Philadelphia Pennsylvania. She has been on me to come visit for over a year now and finally I am working towards taking up up on the offer.

Our initial plans call for me to fly into Philly and spend some time with them seeing the area...Amish Country, Valley Forge etc. Then spend one day driving up to NYC and seeing some stuff in that area....
Looking at sometime in August for this trip.

Plane tickets are really cheap right now and I need to strike while the iron is hot....It will be nice to see her and her family.

Should be a fun summer ...
What are you doing ?


3 comments:

Nick M. said...

I wanna go!

mary said...

That trip sounds awesome. I haven't gotten to spend much time in D.C. that wasn't in the airport BUT a lot of my friends are going to practice law there and every single one of them is obsessed with the place and swear it is the coolest ever. I spent a couple of weeks there in high school but would really love to go back. It's a shame we haven't been since it's just a short shuttle ride away.

My summer obviously is going to kind of suck (studying for the bar). We are planning a road trip back south the beginning of July to house/car hunt in ATL which is kind of fun because we usually fly. It's nice to see the east coast. If I have my way, we'll be stopping in Charlottesville again...love that town! After the road trip, Mr. H is flying back but I'm staying back south and despite the suckiness of having to study for and take the bar, I am excited to spend a week at the beach with my parents and then two weeks in Nashville with my then 8 month pregnant best friend.

But, DC still sounds cooler.

mary said...

FYI - i responded to your comments about Obama on my blog but wasn't sure if you'd see it. I couldn't agree more. I'm trying to not have unrealistic expectations of the guy but he really is letting me down on that issue in a big way.