Wednesday, January 03, 2007

We have to go forward to get back !!


Happy New Years everyone ......Not that a ton of folks read this simple little blog but Happy New Years to those who do ....

I would like to first of all say that 2007 is gonna be THE YEAR ! I have been looking at the calendar for the last two months waiting on December 31 to tick off and for 2006 to pass into the history books. It happened ....1 million people stood at or around Times Square in New York City and watched a large crystal ball drop thus saying to the world that 2007 is here.

Anyone who reads this blog knows what 2006 was like for me ....it was for most parts CRAP! With a capitol C that rhymes with P and stands for POO!!

There were a few saving graces last year and here they are....


  • My friends . Dear Lord how could I have ever gotten through last year without the love and support of my closest friends. It was quite a year for a few of us and to Nick, Laura and Mike words will never fully convey to you how much I love and appreciate you all. You were there in March when Daddy died and you were there the rest of the year to support me in all things . Thanks

  • New friends. 2006 saw me changing my attitudes about new friends. I have for the longest time said that I was pretty "full up" on friends but I gladly changed my tune this year and let wonderful new people into my life. Luke and Jackie are such great folks and I have been greatly rewarded by knowing them. I look forward to more nights of poker or just hanging out. I mean come on Luke got me to like Outkast!!!!

  • Jason in Bham.....Thanks man for helping make 2006 end on a positive note. Maybe you belong in the first catagory...LOL. Thanks for the friendship and Tabooli Salad!

These were just a few of the things that helped make 2006 a tad bit better.


And now we move forward.....Like the title said we have to move forward to get back . But what are we getting back to ?? Life for me is of course the "New Normal".....I move each day further and further from March 21, 2006. That is a blessing. I dont think about things as much as I used to and that also is a blessing. I dont want to get back to life like I knew it last year.....I cannot be that person. Life for me has started a slow but somewhat drastic change and that's fine .....it's a change that I am happy with and am embracing. If we look back over the years at things that did not change ...or friends that did not change .....we see that they stayed right were they were and life moved on right past them. I cannot be that person. I will not be that person. Nick has been calling 2007 "The Year of Fitness" and I am on board with getting in better shape but for me 2007 is going to be "The Year of Change".


Lots of excitement right around the corner folks.......God Bless!

2 comments:

John III said...

Loved your Blog. It is funny how a little number at the end of a date can make everything start over, but it does! EVERY YEAR we get a new start. Great BLOG and if you get a chance check mine out. www.coffeekeepsmealive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that life is better/new for you. I am so gald that you are embracing all that is out there for you. You are an incredible man and the world is waiting (ok those of us who know you)to see all that you will do in 2007.
Love ya!!!!!