Saturday, January 13, 2007

What's black and white and red all over ????

My arm.......To those of you in the know, then you know what I mean ....to those of you who are scratching your heads going ....HUH? Well.....lets just say that it's in keeping with new things in my life. So far I am diggin it !!

"It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam’s security forces and his army. Hard to imagine." –Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying before the House Budget Committee prior to the Iraq war, Feb. 27, 2003

I am going to make a better effort to post every week about something .......Once again sometimes we get into this blog mindset that we have to blog about something groundbreaking or life changing but we really dont .....we can post about some new shoes we got ...we can post about a weekend trip perhaps.....or maybe some really good food we had......main thing is this ...Its your dang blog and you can say what you want. So say it .
Things on my mind right now......My Brother, my job , George Bush and the job he is doing,
the new congress and winter retreat next week. I guess the last one would fit nicely with my job thoughts but I am speaking one night at the retreat so its got my nerves up a little for some reason.
George W Bush-President, United States of America. When will this madness end ?? I know it will end on January 20,2009 but what will we do in the meantime?
I sat the other night and watched the playback of his speech to the nation and he basically did what most experts, commissions, reports, former generals have said he should not do and thats increase troop levels in Iraq. He said that more troops were needed and would be sent. This was it for us he said ....If this does not do the trick then the Iraqis are on their own.
Lyndon Johnson ordered up more troops in 1966 to be sent to Vietnam. At the end of 1968 we had 500,000 troops in Southeast Asia . I dont think we will ever have that many in Iraq but it was kinda creepy to hear GWB sounding so much like LBJ. We all know how that war turned out.
Bush said we are giving them our last best effort and then they are on their own. Does anyone recall what type world they lived in before we invaded ? I know there was a dictator running the place but they were a fairly peaceful nation. Sure the lunatic running the place liked to invade really small countries(Kuwait) or really big ones (Iran).But for the most part the folks in that country were good, decent, hard working people . They raised families. Went to college.
Now look at it.......over 600,000 Iraqis civilians have been killed in the 4 years since the war started. Many folks would say that Hussien killed thousands while he was in power but most people will agree that he did not kill 600,000 people.
The money is so devalued that you cant buy anything really. The infrastructure is a mess and jobs that do exist dont pay anything. Plus you have to worry about getting killed on a regular basis by militias that did not exist 4 years ago.
But President Bush has drawn a line in the sand........You got one more chance Iraq and then we are taking our toys and going home!!! I love what hes done for the place
Some would most likely say Good Riddence!!

"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

One final thanks to Luke, Jackie and David ...Yall are great friends. I appreciate yall more than you know !!

No comments: