Monday, September 03, 2007

Come Fly With Me...............

Alright Alright ....
I have heard from too many people this weekend about my posting this blog....I even heard from people that I did not even know were reading this blog !!!! Perhaps I have built this one up a little too much BUT having said all that ......Here Goes....
I went flying on Labor Day ......I dont mean I boarded a commercial airline and flew across the country.....I dont mean I smoked pot and was flying man .....I mean I got into a Cessna 172 and flew from Wetumpka Alabama to Auburn Alabama. This plane is small. It only seats 4 people and those four are gonna be a tad bit cramped....I mean I am a big guy and I was cramped in the front seat. I meant to get pics of the plane...Oops !
My buddy Jason flew down from Bham and picked me up . We then flew over to Tuskegee and did a "touch and go". That means we landed at Moton Field,Home to the Tuskegee Black Airman, and as soon as the wheels touched down, Jason hit the gas and we were back in the air . IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! It was nice to see my hometown from the air . From there we flew over to Auburn and flew a couple of circles around the campus and Jordan Hare Stadium. Not to sound like too much of an Auburn Nerd but.....WOW!!!! It was so cool to see that stadium from the air like that .....we were about 2300 feet up when the above picture was made. From Auburn it was back to Wetumpka .
I had an absolute blast flying on Monday ....I really am having a hard time putting into words how much fun it was. I was not the least bit nervous about flying in a smaller plane and to be honest it was better for me than a large jet. I had complete confidence in Jason as a pilot. Let me thank him again here for taking me up....THANKS !! I look forward to doing it again ...
SO thats what I did Monday .....maybe not a big deal to any of you folks out there reading but it was a big thing for me .....Not to sound too cheesy or anything but it was almost spritual....To be up above everything and have a chance to just reflect ....NICE!

Auburn vs Kansas State
One word -BLEH!!

Michigan vs Appalachian State
Heck yeah !!!! I have always had a small little love affair with App State. My Grandad was born and raised in Boone NC ( home of Appalachian State U)
Makes me proud that App State beat Michigan.......GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have not had the chance to watch Friday Night Lights.....Go rent the 1st season DVD before the second season starts in a few weeks.....You will not be sorry!

Thats it for tonight .....I could not get the picture to post for some reason ....GRRRRRRRR

1 comment:

jackie said...

Sounds like it really was a great time! I'm glad you decided to hang out monday night. It was great seeing you!