Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Baby,Its Cold Outside.........

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Let me get this outta the way first and formost ....I am glad its cold.....I am glad that you need to wear a jacket when you run outside to get something. I know there are folks sitting there saying that this aint cold . Well, I dont care where you are from ...when its 17degrees at night and barely 35 during the day ...thats cold.
Remember we had 14 days of 100+ degree weather back in August of 2007. You will NEVER hear me complain of the cold weather .....allow me to please enjoy it while it lasts....Most likely we will be in shorts by the weekend . BLAH

Happy New Year to everyone out there in blogland. The holiday season was VERY busy and while I was not able to see all my great friends,everyone was on my mind and in my prayers.
I really think that 2008 is going to be a banner year for everyone. So many exciting things going on.....my friends have some big things going on in their lives....and I am very excited to be along with them,in a small way , as they head down this fantastic path.
This is election year in our great nationand we will be electing a new President in November. We will also be having mid term elections for many seats in Congress and if things turn out good for us then the Democrats will increase their majority in the US Congress.
If the election were held today and I had to cast a vote I would vote for John Edwards.
Some folks are excited about Ron Paul. I am not . He seems to be all talk. We will see I guess.....

LOST finally returns on January 31. I am so freaking excited for this show to be back.....The writers strike might cut the show short but for now I think the producers have about 10-11 shows in the bag . That is enough for me right now ....SO EXCITED!
I recently read a pretty good book entitled REALITYLAND....Its a behind the scenes look at Walt Disney World. While the writing is not on the same level as Dickens or Hemmingway it does give a pretty cool view of how the parks were bulit in Central Florida. It also is a nice look at how the parks are run on a day to day basis.

As I mentioned before I will be going to Alaska later in the year. I am also going to North Carolina in two weeks for a long weekend. With any luck I will get to go a couple times this year to beautiful Western North Carolina.

Peace and Love to each and everyone of you.

3 comments:

The Bean said...

I am so jealous of your trip to Alaska. Brother Bean was telling me all about it and you are most definitely going to have to get some great pictures for me. I am also excited about this Banner year we are in. Currently I would vote for McCain. And I've already been shopping for the Twins. That is so crazy. We'll have to be sure and corrupt them good!

jackie said...

The trip to alaska sounds awesome! I really wish that we could all take a long trip up to North Carolina this spring. Luke and I are thinking about going across the pond this summer, but we're not sure what places to hit up. We may have to ask one of your friends! I'll be working in Montgomery this week so hopefully I'll be able to see the illusive Mr. G (?!?!)

The Bean said...

For Jackie,

I'm Nicholas' sister. If you're in the area you should definitely hit up Brugges, Belgium and Monchau, Germany.