Friday, February 08, 2008

Just to hear myself talk .......

Just a few musings tonight ....nothing too serious
The season of Lent has started and my boycott of Wal Mart is in full swing.
LOST has me scratching my head AGAIN this season .....but its still better than reruns caused by the writers strike.
Obama won Alabama .....We have come a long way since "Segregation Today,Segregation Tomorrow, Segregation Forever" .
I am having a root canal on Monday but my tooth has kept me up for several nights and I am actually looking forward to Monday...!!!!
I just re-watched the movie THE COLOR PURPLE.....such a good movie.
Already wanting to head back to Asheville

One last thing....
I was at a store tonight getting something framed. I got in line to check out and thats when the fun started.....This lady and her son were in front of me buying a total of two objects. The lady informed the cashier that she had a coupon for the purchase and she started looking for it ....and looked and looked and looked ....The cashier told her three seperate times that she did not need the coupon she would apply it ...No worries . The customer still looked and looked...then dumped her wallet out on the counter ....the cashier then AGAIN said she did not need the coupon and its at that point that the lady looked up and when "OH"....I should mention that about the time the lady dumped her purse out I had started eating my hand in protest....GAHHHHHH!!!!!
I kid you not when I tell you that I stood in line longer to check out than it took the lady in the back to frame my picture!!!!!! There was no trying to move to another line when the other cashier said "next customer" ....of course I was the next customer but all the soccer moms would have killed me first before they let me in the line before them ....
After the customer had finally paid and was about to leave her son hands her his item...which he never placed on the counter to be rung up.....OH MY DEAR LORD!!! I should stick to online EVERYTHING....banking, buying, etc.
Anyway ...I finally got my FDR for President poster framed......

1 comment:

The Bean said...

That's too funny. I also am ready for Asheville!