Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Old Four Eyes!!!


So ....

Monday night we had a small gathering for Laura M's birthday ....great friends from Bham were down for the evening just for the party along with the McFees from right here in Montgomery and it really turned out nice and it was so great to have us all together for the evening. We dont all see each other nearly enough and that makes me sad

Laura is a fantastic 26 years old and a fine time was had by all ....Martinis, Jack, Rum and Cokes....Birthday Cake.....VERY off key singing of Happy Birthday and even a few tears after the singing ...

So here is the thing ......I think there is a real chance that I might need reading glasses of some kind....Nothing too strong but I am having some problems seeing things like menus at Sinclairs!!!

Especially when its dark in the restaurant ....I am glad we all had a good laugh at my expense HAHAHA

I have worn glasses since 1984.....so its not a big deal to me to wear them ...always have and most likely always will but Monday night something hit me hard ....the realization that my eyes are getting worse in the other direction ...Farsightedness. I have always been nearsided( not seeing far off ) but things are starting to change....BLECH.

I have also noticed this change at work while writing at my desk or using the keyboard on the computer....I notice it on Sunday mornings while reading something at a worship service....I really notice it at night .

A friend of mine whos father is a doc said that your eyes are tired by the end of the day so of course you will notice it then...

I am 34 in May. Not old by any standard and if you ask any of my friends they will tell you I am proud of my age ....I am 34, so what !

My mother said she started using reading glasses when she was in her mid 30's and so did my dad....maybe this is just the next step, I am not sure
THE DEMOCRATIC DEBATE
Sen.Clinton seemed like a spoiled child tonight at different times during the debate. Sad.

4 comments:

jackie said...

You should try the 'progressive' lenses that way you can have both prescriptions in one lens. Or wait!... a monocle, yup, a monocle.

The Bean said...

Ha! I've been wearing glasses since the third grade. I got contacts in 10th grade and loved them. In Belgium I ran out of my contacts and went back to glasses for a while. In March though I will once again be part of the contact world for the first time in over 2 years! Not sure what that has to do with your post but there you go.

Laura Mielke said...

I was only two when you started wearing glasses :)

Nick M. said...

LJM doesn't wear glasses because her eyes are made of burning chunks of space rock that came from teh destruction of the planet Alderaan (which she caused during one of her smoke breaks at her last job).