Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Do You Want To Know A Secret

So.....

Shhhhhhhh......

Im going to tell you a secret. Its a big one to...Some of you out there maybe already know it but others of you dont.....

Sometimes Im really terrible at this weight loss business. I mean for the past couple months I have really struggled with the ups and downs. I have managed to maintain my weight for the past 4 months and when all is said and done I have gained three pounds of the total 61.5 that I have lost. Not bad.
I have let being sick keep me from doing right and as we speak I am suffering what can only be called HORRIBLE back problems all incurred while PUSHING a box across a table at work...Yes, pushing a box. Also add to that I watch Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and Man VS Food all the time and seeing some of that stuff makes me want to take a road trip and hit all the diners and dives.


I seldom if ever track my calories. I sometimes have a loose way of going about this dieting business. I believe that if I maintain a active lifestyle incorporating a great deal of exercise...I should be able to eat what I want, as long as what I want to eat isnt a wheelbarrow filled with carrot cake or something equally unhealthy. I am not the perfect picture of Weight Watchers .

And to be honest I dont have a real coherent plan on the exercise front....other than to try to get some exercise every day. I try to mix it up… weights, walking, elliptical(sometimes)....its pretty much whatever I feel most like doing that day. Except for days when I dont feel like doing anything in which case its the thing that I feel like not doing the least.... if that even makes any sense.

But heres the thing: im not as overweight as I was a year ago. Ive still got work to do, but things are looking better.

So…

Im going to keep it in overdrive, keep powering forward for all that im worth.

I hope you will, too, because weve still got work to do.

No comments: