Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Birthday

So....

Another year older.

I get reminded alot from my amazing, wonderful, loving, supportive friend group here in Montgomery that YES, I am indeed the oldest in the group. I am almost 9 years older than some and as little as 4 years older than others. I get all the " wow are you that much older than us " jokes...
I never take them serious. Never have and never will.
But approaching this birthday has been a little different than ones in the past.
I turn 36 today and that puts me closer to 40 than I am perhaps comfortable with...

But this past year I decided to get serious about me....
I decided to put my health and well being first for really the first time in my life.
I decided to be happy in my decisions.
Its made all the difference. Almost one year ago I was weighing the heaviest I have ever weighed in my life...Today on my 36th birthday I am happy to report that I am 60lbs lighter and am on the right track.
I will eat some birthday cake at some point this weekend. I will grill out with family and maybe go off points a little bit but thats ok....because I celebrate not being where I was last year this time.
I know that you can celebrate special events with Weight Watchers but what you cant do is take off weeks at a time and celebrate the whole month of your birthday and still expect results.
I know I cant make excuses for my excercising and then expect the scales to be kind to me. Its something I take serious and look towards the end of the summer and knowing that perhaps I will be 10-15lbs lighter than I am now.
Its a daily affirmation for me to look ahead and imagine what will be...

I celebrate knowing that I am taking the steps to hopefully celebrate the next 36 years or hell the next 72 for that matter.

And as Frank Sinatra used to say
" May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine "

Salude !

1 comment:

Laura said...

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! enjoy YOUR day! i hope it is fantastic!! would love to see you soon!