Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I Stand Amazed



On November 15, 2016 I am sure there will be much talk on the news about the big storms that blew threw Montgomery 10 years earlier. I am sure in the meantime we will have many other storms to hit the area. For right now though I am gonna talk about the storm that hit Montgomery County on November 15,2006.


35 people walked out of the rubble pictured above. We can ask all the questions we want. We can wonder aloud with friends about what ifs. You can stand in the parking lot of Worth Cleaners and look across at a building you watched being built. I stood there amazed. Amazed that a building that big and solid was no match for God's power. That's what it is ....it's God's power..... Clearly on display for anyone and everyone to see. For all you folks out there saying "Wow God is pissed at someone" He is mad because the Democrats won last week. He is being rubbed the wrong way because we allow homosexuals to be married. He is upset that the moral center of this country has gone down the crapper..... well here is the kicker--The same God that created nature and the forces that come with also provided a hand of protection to 35 people. 31 children, some as young as 8 weeks old, were carried out of that devastation. I can hardly type this or talk about it without getting choked up. Not one person lost their life yesterday in all that happened in all those buildings that were destroyed or badly damaged .
I am not one to wear my faith on my sleeve and anyone who knows me knows that..... I have a relationship with Jesus Christ and it is a strong one but what happened yesterday......WOW! I am sitting here at 1am in the morning and I can still see some of those kids from the Fun Zone being grabbed by their parents and being hugged so hard.
I worked at Worth Cleaners for 5 years and I thank God that Mr.Worth's business did not have any major damage. I thank God for his current employees who ran into a destroyed building to try and help people in danger.
I Thank God.
Ps i dont think my pictures are gonna come through...sorry !

No comments: