Wednesday, November 08, 2006

We all Win................


Yesterday was a great day in American politics.......not because the Democrats won but because WE THE PEOPLE turned out in huge HUGE numbers and voted with a loud voice. We want change. Last week I read an article about the election and the guy writing said he hoped that Dems would win but only by one seat in each house of Congress. That perhaps a clear message would be sent to the members......SCREW THIS UP AND YALL ARE OUT ALSO!!! I believe with a strong heart that things will be different. I also think that we need term limits on every level,branch,division,station etc of our government. Get there knowing you have a certain amount of time to get the job done and if you screw it up then you are gone ...one way or the other.

It was a great day in America yesterday......Today is great ....and Tomorrow will be even better.


I close with a few quotes I found online ....


A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." --Thomas Jefferson


"No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country." --Franklin D. Roosevelt


"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." --Franklin D. Roosevelt


"Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers." --Aristotle

AND FINALLY ......

"And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the -- nation, whatever you wanna call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years -- 4,000 hours over the next -- of the rest of your life -- of service to America. That's what I asked. I said 2 -- 4,000 hours." --George W. Bush


GOD BLESS AMERICA ....INDEED!!

No comments: