Sunday, March 02, 2008

March Madness .......

March is a difficult month for me .....
You see my Grandad died on March 30,1984. My other grandfather died on March 4,1995.
My Dad died on March 21,2006.
Having both grandads and my father die in the same month has been a big deal for me for a long time.....and to make matters worse my Dad died on the first day of spring.
Many folks came to me and said how wonderful was it that at least Daddy died on the first day of March. It was a fitting time for a rebirth. As good as that all sounds I still am not a fan of March and it sucks that they all died in the same month. I am a human being and I still search for the answers ....
Then we get a call early Saturday morning that one of my dads closest friends died early Saturday morning after a brief illness.
We had just been told one week ago that he was sick and I am sorry to say I did not have a chance this past week to go see him.....Never thought it would happen so sudden. I should have known better
This was a guy who went to school with my parents, lived within a few miles of us in Macon county, was a drinking buddy with my Dad before Daddy got sober and was one of the first to call the night Daddy died.
And now Mr. Bob is dead also.....In March .
Thinking about all the times Mr. Bob was in our family business ...sitting at my Dads desk reading the paper.
He was one of my Dads closest friends ......I am sitting here mourning the loss of a dear friend.
Tomorrow I go home to Tuskegee for his funeral .....
For me March stinks ....
Tonight ...I am sad.

1 comment:

Laura Mielke said...

well there are many more Marches to come and although you will never replace the loved ones you have lost... think of all of the new Marches and new friends to spend them with...they surely will outweigh the bad ones.