Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dumbo's Circus


Tonight was really nice .....

I have a fairly ordinary life....but I have the most wonderful friends. Tonight was the first chance that we had some great "back porch" time ....and it was much needed.
Let me say first of all that for the last two weeks or so I have been pretty stressed out about the upcoming mission trip to DC(we leave this Saturday) but tonight was just what I needed....

I could completely be myself...hang out with the best friends a guy could have ....have a few beers and just decompress before the big trip.

We talked what we usally talk ....politics,work,family,OLD TV shows,beautiful babies and so much more.

For the last year Luke and Jackie have been up in Bham and its been hard not seeing them on a regular basis but now they are back in MGM and with John and Laura and Nick and Laura it made the night really great.

You are a blessed person if you have friends who love you and can be silly with you and in the next breath be talking about the supreme court of the US.

We just get along and that's wonderful and I am lucky to call each and everyone of them my friends.

So to my friends I raise a cold glass .....and toast you all

"TO FRIENDS, MAY OUR SMILES ALWAYS BE PLENTY"

3 comments:

Nick M. said...

Amen and amen and amen!!

Laura Mielke said...

we do have a pretty rockin' group of friends :)

luke said...

yeah, we're alright. you're pretty cool too.