Friday, June 06, 2008

A nickels worth of free advice.......

So here is the deal .....
Do you ever get tired of giving advice ? Its not like I give lots of advice on many topics but I have been known to throw my opinion in there every now and then......But sometimes you give what you think is solid advice and you get crapped on in return.
Perhaps its my ego that took a bruising and that's the cause of all of this but at this point I am pulling back on things ....What can I say ? I'm human.
If asked...I will reserve comment.
It's the best choice right now and for me to have some piece of mind this is the thing to do ....
Lord knows we all have lots on our plates right now and we sometimes suffer gladly....but to be honest I am a little bit tired of everything....

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've had this experience recently too. My church is making a big decision, and I am normally - surprisingly - reserved in being opinionated at church, because I think the key to longevity in working in ministry is to choose your battles wisely. But this one time I have been vocal, and I think I have the experience to know what I'm talking about, but I'm not being taken seriously. Alas.

Laura Mielke said...

This one time I was giving this poor guy some good advice about a REALLY bad fashion statement he was trying to make wearing black shoes with navy pants and he crapped on me. That's the LAST time I suggest what not to wear! Some people!!!