Friday, June 20, 2008

Family Reunions......

Some of my fondest memories as child revolve around family reunions in North Carolina. Imagine heading to the mountains of Western NC during the dead of the summer to the cool retreat of the mountains....Blowing Rock, Boone, Banner Elk, Valle Crucis....AHHHH. We would have great food and sit around talking ...These events continued well into my high school years and I sad to say that I have not been to one now in almost 20 years!! Those are family reunions I really enjoy....You will now find below the ones that I dont enjoy.
You ever find yourself in the grocery store trying to get down an aisle and there are two buggies parked in the way with the current owners of those buggies having a great chat....Perhaps they have not seen each other since high school or maybe last week but they are talking and oblivious to the fact that 25 people are saying "pardon me, 'scuse me, I am sorry can I squeeze by,please clear the way my head just suddenly exploded into flames" GRRRRRR
This great occurrence does not just happen in grocery stores....it happens at major discount stores like Wal Mart and Target.....It happens at chain drug stores.....in the middle of the driving lanes at places like the mall.....it even happens at Biscuit baseball games....
Tonight while watching the baseball game at Riverwalk on two seperate occasions people stopped in the aisle to conduct what my dad would have called a "Family Reunion"!!!!
Blech I say ....anyway enought of my rant

4 comments:

luke said...

ooooo, i love those awkward situations.

i'm finding that as i'm growing older (and noticing that the yung'uns are the perps), i have no problem with being quite vocal about excusing my way through their obviously very important conversation.

i hear ya, jason.

Eleanor said...

I hate those moments, too -- unless I'm one of the people involved, then I find myself to be quite okay with the situation, so this isn't just a yung'un thing, it's probably an old person thing, too. ;-)

Laura Mielke said...

yeh who put a pea under your mattress?1 ;)

Jason said...

Mattress?? You assume of course that I sleep!!!