Monday, June 02, 2008

Omega 3 Fish Oil.....


So here is the deal .....

I have a few health issues that have to be seen about pretty soon . As I reported in a previous blog I have been diagnosed with an enlarged heart. I was sent by my doctor to have a battery of tests to determine what damage, if any, was done to my heart by the enlargement. Blood work, stress tests, heart ultra sounds ....all were done.

I went back to the doctor today to find out the results ....FINALLY!! My blood work was ok, with the only problem being my cholesterol and my "bad" levels being pretty high ....The tests on my heart showed that I have a valve problem with my left ventricle mitral valve. Nothing that is gonna kill me tomorrow ....but something that has to be addressed and soon.

Many people have valve problems ....some very severe and others not so bad. I am just glad to have an idea as to my problem now and start working towards getting it better.

I have to get in better shape....no question about it. I need to lose about 100lbs, I need to excercise more ...on a more frequent basis, I need to eat better and have better eating habits period.

My doctor wants to see me lose weight ....he said this will go a long way in helping deal with the valve problem. Being overweight like I am puts too much added stress on my heart and dropping pounds will greatly reduce this.....It will not cure my problem but it will make things better. Cutting out cigarettes almost 6 months ago is a great thing... Cutting back my level of stress will also help in the long run....anything I can do to keep my heart from "overworking" will be good....careful not to lift heavy things ...careful not to play basketball for an hour straight (ha ...me playing ball)..I can excercise but at a measured pace....anyway you get the point I think.

Getting my cholesterol down is going to be another issue....DR.S told me that I don't have to cut out everything right now ...just cut back. I will not be on medicine yet but he has told me to start taking four Omega 3 fish oil capsules each day.

I will go back in three months for more tests ....To borrow from the West Wing, I have this heart thing now.
So ...here we are
I wanted to post this blog for everyone who has been curious about things ....I apprecaite yalls prayers and concerns.

3 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

I am excited that you have the peace of mind now of knowing what to focus on! Now you can start making those choices every day that will make your life better and longer! Nick and I started Weight Watchers this week with the same things in mind (weight loss, heart health, etc.) If you need support you know where we are!

Anonymous said...

Jason, I'm glad to hear your doctor's report. Luckily, you have time to change your life style. I promise not to give you any more candy. LOL

Don't forget that we are going out to eat for your birthday tomorrow. JMH

jackie said...

i'm glad to hear that the results are in. As always you will be in my prayers and let me know if you ever need a walkin' buddy!