Monday, October 06, 2008

CRIME, BOY, I DONT KNOW ....


So...


At 7:05 this morning I get a call that our church, the place where I work, was broken into over the night. This is the second time in less than 10 months that it has happened. They broke out windows and messed up the ceiling (dont know why), they broke door handles and pryed open cabinets. Unlike last time they walked away empty handed this time.

I will not even bore you with things like ..Why ? People sometimes break in places just to tear crap up....

My concern is this ....There was not one sign of forced entry into the building, much like the last time someone broke in....I was the last to leave Sunday night.

The police asked were doors open before I left and I said yes ...They think someone knew our routine ...came in while we were there and just waited till we left the building.

I was at the church with about 12 youth sunday night. They were mainly in the youth room on the 3rd floor but a few went to the kitchen for drinks, two girls went to the second floor to talk in private....it concerns me that someone was possibly lurking about in the building while we were there....after the youth left I went about turning out lights and shutting things down. I was in the building alone for maybe 10 minutes.....gives me the creeps.

What a Monday.....Keep us in yalls prayers.

4 comments:

Jessica, RN said...

Wow, this is really scary. Amber and I stood downstairs for a while Sunday night by ourselves. It's sad that we can't even feel safe at church anymore.

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry. It is a really creepy feeling, isn't it? After someone stole my purse from my doorstep, what bothered me way more than my missing stuff was the idea that someone was that close to us without my knowledge. Yikes. I'm glad everyone was okay. I'm glad all they wanted to do was vandalize the place, and not hurt anyone.

Nick M. said...

I've learned two things from reading this post/comments. 1) It happens everywhere (sometimes twice), and 2) Brian carries a purse! Oh wait, that was probably Stephanie.

...and in the future in case you are wondering. "Crime, boy, I don't know" is when I decided to kick your..."

Jason said...

It begins and ends with the West Wing ...I have said it since the fall of 1999 when I first tuned in ...