Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Heart Is In The Highlands.....


but I am going to Georgia...

So....
Tomorrow I am taking a quick weekend trip up to Stone Mountain in Georgia to attend the annual STONE MOUNTAIN HIGHLAND GAMES.

It will be my first highland games in about 4 years...ever since the Alabama games were cancelled a few years back I have not been able to attend any southern games. I am excited to be going.

My Clan name is MacGregor and our family crest bears a lion with the words "S'Rioghal Mo` Dhream" translated from Gaelic it means " Our Race is Royal" or "Royal is our Race"

Our family motto is " While there are leaves on the trees and foam on the river, MacGregor despite them all shall flourish forever"

Should be a good weekend.....

On a sad note I will helping with a funeral tomorrow at church before I head out of town....It will be the first time that I have helped with a funeral since my Dad died two years ago ...Tomorrow will be tough for all involved.
The debates are over and I have decided to vote for McCain. Yep...you betcha!! HA
I saw this quote from CS LEWIS the other night and close with it ....
"Let's pray that the human race never escapes Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere"
Amen Mr Lewis.

1 comment:

Mary Tyler S. said...

I'm from the Campbell Clan! SO JEALOUS you are going to the Highland Games....Any word on when the Alabama games might ever come back? It was always a tradition for me and my dad. Take lots of pictures - I might go next year!