Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Night In Lake Wobegon.....


So....

Last night I had a chance to go to Birmingham and see Lake Wobegon's most famous resident, Garrison Keillor.

He was doing a one man show at the Alys Stehpens Center at UAB. Let me say ...IT WAS AMAZING!!

If you are a fan of this man then you know how wonderful his voice is and how amazing his delivery of jokes, stories and songs is....

The ticket to see him was going to be expensive but thanks to a good friend who works at the ASC he got me in for free (thanks Heath).....

I was sitting about 7 rows out and it was surreal to begin with that he was standing about 25 feet from me while he was performing

More than once I sat there thinking about how much my Daddy would have enjoyed seeing GK in person.

YOu see it was my Daddy who got me interested in public radio at a very early age....We used to sit on our back patio out in the country and listen to Prairie Home Companion. Daddy was a DJ when he was in high school so he always had a love for all things radio.

He would have really really enjoyed being in Bham last night to hear Garrison Keillor.

Anyway it was a great night ......

2 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

I love his voice :)

Eleanor said...

Color me jealous.