Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The USATODAY, THE WASHINGTON POST, THE NY TIMES , THE BOSTON GLOBE, THE MIAMI HERALD,THE ANCHORAGE DAILY NEWS,THE JUNEAU EMPIRE


So.....

I was talking to someone tonight at church and as is the way things go lately the talk turned to politics.


It was a civil nice talk about things until I brought up the fact that most polls are showing Sen Obama with a lead. Key states are starting to show fairly big leads....CNN was reporting that as of today Sen Obama leads with 250 electoral points to Sen. McCains 189.

This person I was speaking with was THRILLED beyond comprehension a few weeks back when Gov Palin was picked to be the running mate for Sen McCain. It was the best choice. There was no mistaking that this was going to lead to 4 more years in the White House for republicans.

Tonight ...no so much the same tune was being sung.

He told me he was not so sure it was a wise decision to pick her but he still thought that with her on the ticket the "core" of the republican party would turn out on November 4 and that it would lead to a victory. Ok...fair point.

I told him it was actually hard to watch Gov Palin in interviews anymore....it's gone beyond being cute and funny. It's terrible. She knows nothing about Sen McCains record in the senate. She only seems to know campaign catch phrases. She could not say if it was a problem that Sen McCains main guy running his campaign, Rick Davis, had a conflict of interest since he worked a lobby for Fannie and Freddie. She could not even tell Katie Couric what news papers she reads on a daily basis. Really ??


I am no where near an expert on foreign affairs, I dont know Sen McCains record in the senate, but you would think Gov Palin would know SOMETHING.

My friend I was talking to tonight said the he kinda hoped that Sen Obama would win in November and then he said it ....The main reason he wants him to win is so he will fail!!

He said it will show people how incredibly wrong they are to have voted him in office. That in four years people will be running back to the republican party.


Is that what we need to be hoping for right now ? That the person elected in a month FAILS??

I dont envy either person ...but I honest to God will tell you that I hope and pray that they succeed while in office. I hope they bring something to the White House that has been lacking for years. I hope that which ever gets in there will have a strong group of men and women behind him who will push them and help them lead America back to something better.


Our economy stinks, we are fighting a war on two fronts, we have millions without health care, jobs are being sent overseas at an alarming rate,we are so divided on things it's hard to see what we agree on and business owners are being forced to close. It makes me sick and mad that the best thing some of us can hope for is that if Sen Obama is elected to be our next president he will fail. Who does that help ....I mean really ?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... would it be difficult to figure out who it was you were talking to?...

what an absolute crock of s**t. and a fool. he doesn't seem to understand that the failure that he wants of someone in the highest office of our nation wouldn't affect just those that voted for him. it would affect him, and his family, and his friends, and his party.

i don't even know where to go with this. but i'll agree with you: if McCain were to wind up in the WH, i can only hope he does a good job at the end of the day. hoping for failure is... ack, i quit.

Jessica, RN said...

I bet I know who you were talking to. And I think that I might actually agree with you this time... wow! I don't really like either candidate, but I would never wish failure upon anyone, especially our country EVER. This gives republicans a bad name... wow.

Michael Strowd said...

I have to agree on this one. Although I will definitely NOT be voting for Obama just as I didn't vote for Clinton, once in office I will always support the president. That is the only patriotic thing to do. Question decisions..sure,,, but never hope for failure.