Monday, April 21, 2008

Alicia Keyes....

I promise this post will not be much of a rant ....but instead just a replaying of my visit to the docs office Monday morning. My friends will tell you that I maybe go to the doctor too much...
I get a slight twinge in my shoulder and I head to PriMed. I cough and go to PriMed. I dont think I go too much but others say I do.....
I went today to my regular doctor for my yearly exam. The day started with me getting to the docs office at 8am. There was a note on the door that said "Office Closed on Fridays. We apologize. Please call office on Monday to make appointment"
I walked on in and was the only person in the waiting room. Typically It is packed ...even at this hour but today I was it ....A lady came in right behind me and asked if the office was open. It was . The problem was this ....it appears people were coming to the office and upon noticing the sign ....THEY LEFT !!! It seems that they did not check the door, did not ask anyone at the front desk in the building, did not notice that the sign said CLOSED ON FRIDAYS ?!?!!? ....WOW.
So I sign in and am told that Dr Sargeant is on his way from Jackson Hospital after dealing with an emergency. I am ok with delays ...just let me know .
The waiting room quickly fills up and I am the only white guy in a room full of nice black ladies. Then a 61 year old white guy comes in .....and the fun begins .
He is a talker ....I mean he really really liked to talk ....Thankfully I had taken a copy of DIXIELAND DELIGHT to read and was sitting in a far corner. He sat next to a lady and immediatly started chatting ...ABOUT ANYTHING!! He was of course loud enough to be heard by everyone ....This guy was bad in a waiting room I could not imgaine him on a plane.
He then got to talking about a lady singing on the TODAY show ....she was a popular black lady who sings....he made mention that she reminded him alot of Alicia Keyes and her style ...But Alicia Keyes had her beat....The lady on TV was good but no Alicia Keyes....Anyone out there wanna take a guess as to who was singing on the TODAY SHOW ??????? YUP ...Alicia Keyes!!
He then proceeded to tell a everyone in the room that he loved the Tyler Perry movies.....Diary of a Mad Black Women,Madeas Family Reunion,Madea Goes to Jail...etc. Anyway ....maybe it was just funny to me .....
TV,BOOKS and MORE...
I have become addicted to JOHN AND KATE PLUS 8 on TLC. Such an incredibly good show....If you are not watching then TiVo it and catch it sometime.
I finished the book JOHN ADAMS about two weeks and ago and for me it was a page turner. I could not put it down for the last 200 pages or so....A great read.
And speaking of John Adams ....the HBO miniseries wrapped up last night. It was based on the book I just finished and the show was great.
MY HEALTH
Many people have asked me about my recent health problems and todays checkup revealed that I have an enlarged heart. I have a stress test and an ultrasound image test of my heart next week to determine more about my heart "problem".
To say I am a little concerned about this would be a gross understatement. I will do my best to keep you all informed.
Thats it for now ....headed to the Mielkes to watch this weeks Bachelor .

4 comments:

The Bean said...

So sad that you watch the Bachelor. :( But I LOVE Alicia Keyes! I watched her this morning and I love her music. BTW, I am the complete opposite when it comes to doctors. I don't got unless it's life or death or I'm pregnant.

Laura Mielke said...

an enlarged heart? i am just now reading this post...

Mary Tyler S. said...

Jason, I too am a lover of Jon and Kate + 8. Some people think she's a control freak of a woman who treats her hubby terribly but I think she is just living her life transparently before the cameras. It's probably the most REAL reality TV show out there. Good luck with your heart tests!

jackie said...

Maybe you could hook a friend up with a copy of JOHN ADAMS if it's not already promised...