Sunday, April 20, 2008

46 Other States......

Have you ever broken the law ?
I think it would be a safe bet to assume that most of the readers out there have broken a few laws here and there.....I am guessing that we have likely all gone a tad bit over the speed limit. Perhaps you threw trash out once while on a long stretch of quiet deserted highway....maybe you cant help but jaywalk. I dont know what it is that you do but for me its beer. It is illegal in this great state of ours to brew my own beer. I brew my own beer and for that I could go to jail. I could be arrested for buying brewing supplies. It is a Class A misdemeanor with a punishment of up to a year in jail and a $2000.00 fine for each count. I could go to jail for a long time....
Here is the kicker ....What I do is legal in 46 other states. 46 OTHER STATES!!!!!
The law goes back to the era of prohibition. Its a stupid law and should be changed and the great guys at http://www.freethehops.org/ want to see to it that Alabamians can buy good beer.
No Bud Light or Natural light for these guys ...they would rather drink sand than let something like Miller Lite pass over their lips. I know Alabama has bigger fish to fry right now than to worry about passing a law changing the laws regarding beer in this state....but a man can dream.

1 comment:

Nick M. said...

Bonnie,
I totally feel your pain on this one. We've passed the House now if we could pass the Senate maybe the 'guv' would sign it into law and we can move on to our next illegal exploit.
-Sincerely,
Clyde