Friday, April 11, 2008

Something is in the air.......

This is gonna be one of those posts that jumps all around .....Here Goes

Lane mentioned over on his blog that Spring is all around us ....Here in Montgomery all you have to do is look around and you see the evidence of springs beauty.
I love looking at the all the color around in the springtime....but my favorite is the dogwood tree.
It has such a beautiful color that contrasts so nicely with the dark green of the other trees and shrubs.....there is also a variety of dogwood that has pinkish/white blossoms .
Spring this year brings me to a point in my life where I am getting rid of stuff.......I have not gotten rid of any clothes,shoes etc in YEARS.
I got a trash bag and went to work .....tossing this and that and before long my closet and drawers were looking mighty bare. Here is the kicker though ...it felt so incredibly good to get rid of things . I had pajama bottoms that had holes in all THE WRONG places so they had to go ....Tshirts I remember buying but never wearing ....old pants.....shoes I had meant to get rid of at least two years ago . So, I kinda enjoyed this so after I was done with clothing items I turned my attention to my bookcases. I got rid of books. Not a ton but some that I knew I would never read again. It was harder tossing the books than anything else....I love my books. And speaking of books..... I dont understand how people have books but dont display them. I once had someone ask me why i kept all my books ....once they are read you can get rid of them. But to me books are part of who I am and could never imagine getting rid of a copy of Gone With the Wind (i have about 40 copys). Or maybe something by CS LEWIS, FAULKNER,BILL BRYSON...the list goes on. I have a love affair with books .....have for years.
I pulled maybe 15 books off the shelf to donate to the church book sale....but it was a hard 15.
All this tossing or giving away of items had a wonderful effect on me ....felt great to get rid of things....I felt new in many ways. I felt good.

AMERICAN (this show blows) Idol.
Have you seen AI this year ....I was really enjoying it on many different levels. Even though Mr Lucas tried to rain on my parade earlier, I have had a fun time watching and keeping up with my favorites. Well one of my favorites got booted last Thursday. Michael Johns has a really good voice and a great presence on the stage.....but guess what ?!?!? This show once again showed us that its a popularity contest .....Other less talented folks go on to the next week while He wonders WHAT THE FRIG....??? Just what I think anyway ...

Before I forget.... This area is expecting some low temps this week ...lower than we are normally used to at this time of the year. I welcome it ....August is right around the corner!!!!

Night and Happy Sunday






4 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

I'm glad you had so much fun "cleaning out your closet" :)

Nick M. said...

I agree with you completely on the books thing. I am saddened to say that we do not currently have enough book shelves to display all of ours. I have several boxes that I would like to get out but just don't have the space.

luke said...

i was at... some store... the other day and found these really cool "invisible" book shelves.

you install them directly into your walls and somehow, through magick or devilry, they just kind of float there. as much space (and money) as we've dedicated to proudly displaying the Lucas book collection, we still have somehow run out of space; thusly, i'm very tempted.

Nick M. said...

You know what else is 'in the air'?...WRITING A NEW POST. I'm being impatient and decided I had the right to badger you because I've posted twice in the same day (a near record for me).