Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold Feet......


So .....

My feet get cold at work sometimes....No big news there really...Nothing to really report but they do get cold but I cannot stand to run the heat in part of the building where I am located just to warm my sad little toes....

So I found a space heater just like the one pictured above in another office and "borrowed " it for a few days.....

I just wanted to share .....and speaking of sharing
I would also like Mr Lucas to share his English Breakfast menu with me ....I have heard mention of it being cooked twice and was just wondering ....

and speaking of all things english.....we are on quite the hot tea kick around DUMC....alot of mornings instead of coffee we have been having hot tea made right in my office with a tabletop kettle.....The tea makes for a nice change

Anyway... thats about it ....was a little bored here at work and decided to share .....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(1) I have been on a hot tea kick since October as well. Except for our trip south, I've switched to it from coffee entirely. I'm not sure if its better for me, but I like it.

(2) My mom WHO LIVES IN FLORIDA has a very similar space heater and I find it equally absurd. I currently have on massive snow boots, the high here by the weekend is suppose to be 12 degrees, and this morning I could not feel my face by the time I got to school! Get yourself some wool socks and you should be all set :-) j/k

Anonymous said...

english breakfast...

ingredients are ham, eggs, tomatoes, toast, and (something i don't include) baked beans. there's also stuff like black pudding, but... well, yeah.

fry the ham (but not crazy; just a little butter and enough to lightly brown the ham), then do the eggs (fried, not scrambled).

while you're waiting on your ham to fry up, slice your tomato into quarter or half inch slices and set them aside.

ham's fried. eggs are fried. now throw your tomatoes into the skillet. let 'em go good and mushy on ya, flip 'em around, whatevs. you can throw your toast into the skillet as well, if you'd like. or just put it in the toaster.

there's nothing too fancy about it, but its simple, cheap, and good for a cold morning. much better than oatmeal.

oh, and this: tea. i'd suggest Twinings English Breakfast Tea. we do a french press at home with loose leaves, but there are tea bags you can buy as well.

Nick M. said...

Many people I have worked with over the years have used those same space heaters in the SUMMER time. Lunacy, sheer lunacy. Of course these are also the same people that leave the door open when the boss is gone because the air conditioning is too cold. I just don't know about people some days.

Nick M. said...

My, what a large blog picture you have!