Friday, January 02, 2009

What goes down....Must go back up.....

So.....
I got my passport today in the mail. It would appear that the log jam of applications has been taken care of at the State Department. It took them ONE WEEK to the day ....
So whats next? I think I am going to plan a big trip....It will be overseas.....It will be later in the spring, after Easter for sure. More details will be forthcoming but for now I am very excited about my prospects in the next few weeks.

I understand things...Or like to think I do. But for all that is holy I dont understand gas prices. I mean I get supply and demand. Thats the first thing you learn in economics.....but we have had a few months of gas prices going down....slowly but surely they have fallen. I paid $1.38 for a gallon of gas the other day in Auburn. $1.38!!!!!!!!!!! Then today at many stations around town I see gas literally jumped 10 cents over night. In some places around town this fall and winter it took a couple of days for the price to DROP 10 cents ...maybe a week and then over night the price goes up ...QUICK!?!?!? How does that work ? How do the gas companies and oil companies determine how to raise and lower prices?? Why do prices go up quicker and not down just as quick? I understand that supplies worldwide are down...I understand that the trouble in Israel and other places in the mid east affect the price....I get it. But I dont understand how prices JUMP up and then crawl back down .....I am stupid I guess but please someone explain it to me

I want to see ALOT of movies .....too many to mention really but I dont think I will have the time or the money to see them all. I will wait like I usually do and get them on Netflix.

Anyway ...thats all I got tonight

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hmmm...gas prices.. Well, in my hum lest opinion, which is not supported by economics, the only reason gas prices decreased was due to the recession at Christmas. The 'higher ups' thought that lowering gas prices would increase spending?? Now that Christmas is over... the gas prices will rise????

Or perhaps the increased gas prices have something to do with the gas cartels limiting production and the demand staying the same??

Laura Mielke said...

We saw 7 Pounds. Definitely wait for it on Netflix. Did Nick tell you about the woman in the theatre demanding a refund for her popcorn and candies when the usher announced he could not show Benjamin Button... what a freakin Deutch!