Saturday, June 17, 2006

Three Things....

MISSION TRIP 2006
I leave in about 8 hours for a week of mission work in western North Carolina. There are 14 of us going. It should be a great week of renewal and reward as we help redo the childrens area of a womens and childrens shelter. Hopefully I will have some pictures to post when we get back.
Keep us in your prayers.

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME...
I have to say there is maybe nothing better than sitting in a chair watching your nephew and his friends play baseball. It is amazing to sit and watch some of the parents get so wound up about a game and then to look at their kids and see the absolute look of joy and fun that they are having. These kids want to win but after its all said and done ....they just want to have fun!!!! And I honest to goodness to think they have a blast. When down by 11 runs they come off the field with such excitement. Its contagious. They won last night and lost tonight so they are still in the hunt for the top prize . I dont think it really matters though because these kids came together back in March as strangers and are leaving mid-summer as friends. That's what its all about folks. The Journey!!
I wish um luck in the other games .

HAPPY FATHERS DAY
Today is Fathers Day. To all those Dads out there I hope its a great day for yall. I especially want to send a big hello to my Brother. Today will be tough on us. It was weird this week having thoughts about the upcoming Fathers Day and then realizing that I wont buy a card this year or find Daddy some shirt he would never have worn anyway..... HA . The first year is indeed the hardest. The past few weeks have hit hard for me and I dont know why . I looked at pictures on my camera that I have saved and they go back to last December and there are pics of Daddy on the camera . I have them printed off and saved at home but I still cannot bring myself to delete the photos from the camera. In my mind I think its like I am saying goodbye again. Its hard ...no doubt about.
I love you and miss you Daddy.

Talk to yall next weekend !!!

No comments: