Monday, June 05, 2006

What Makes things go bump in the night ??

The other night we sat and talked about the possibilityof whether ghosts actually exist. I am one who firmly believes that they exist. Have I ever seen a ghost? NO....Do I want to see a ghost? DOUBLE NO .....Having said that I think they are all around us in some form or another.
Evidence has been collected for years that there is something out there. People go to "haunted houses" and search for images or sounds or anything that they might then take back and say "See I told that old house was haunted".
Maybe I want to believe so much that I will buy into any of the sights and sounds you see on television. Usually around Halloween there are tons of specials on many different channels about the existance of the supernatural beings. The things that go bump in the night . I once heard a lady say that maybe all those things we see out of the corner of our eye or those weird chills on our necks are actually something supernatural. Something to think about .
A good friend of mine said that ghosts are just Satans way of making you doubt. I dont know if I buy that one. I mean lets say you live in a haunted house of some kind ....and you hear crap and see crap all the dang time ....weird things are always happening. Maybe it brings you closer to your faith. Maybe all the weird stuff makes you examine your own spiritual life. Maybe it makes you realize that you should not have bought the creepy house at 1313 Mockingbird Lane from the Munsters. Many people are pushed closer to their faith when bad things happen. It has happened for thousands of years.
I have had vivid dreams about the dead in the past. Colorful, scary dreams that awaken me and leave me feeling sick for hours. I dont like that feeling and its just in a dream . I could not imagine living some type of a life where you are around things everyday that make you feel like that.
There is a really cool show on television called GHOST HUNTERS. It is usually on Wednesday nights on Sci-Fi. These guys from Rhode Island investigate supernatural happenings all over the country. From Maine to California. They work for Roto-Rooter by day and do this stuff on the weekends and at night. Their main goal when they go into a place is to walk out and say that the place is NOT haunted. If you watch any of the shows you will see that lots of times they do just that, PROVE ITS NOT REAL. Every now and then though they get the crap scared out of them and they have to say they think the place is haunted. I have watched this show for about two years and I have to admit I have seen some weird things. Anyway, it's a cool show and gives a good balanced view on the subject .

IN OTHER NEWS.....
I leave for home tomorrow after conference is done, We are painting pottery this week for Wonderful Wednesdays, Mistys last Sunday at DUMC is Sunday, Conner is using the big boy potty now and loves it , I hope to see a movie ths Friday night, the roads in Mobile suck,
I guess thats about it for now and I have to admit that this bloggig can be kinda fun.

ps I stole the ghost blog idea from Nick....sorry but he is wrapped up in Superman blogs right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am becoming addicted to your blogs; I check every day to see if you have written anoher. Keep them coming!