Tuesday, June 27, 2006

You hear something once ......

"He gossips habitually; he lacks the common wisdom to keep still that deadly enemy of man, his own tounge" MARK TWAIN
Why cant things be left alone ......why cant people "tend to their own little red wagon" as my math teacher from high school used to say....why do people insist on saying things about people with no way of knowing if what they are saying is true? Or just make things up on the fly?........People often mistake plain and simple gossip for the truth.....We are all guilty of it ....if you are being honest with yourself you will say " YUP he is right on this one ....I love me some gossip" We do it at work ....we do it while eating ....we do it at church for goodness sake.....I DO IT ....so dont get on any type of high horse about me preaching ...I am preaching to the choir here folks.....My problem is when people make up complete and utter lies to tell about people. I mean if you tell me that "Jason cooks chicken that tastes like crap" and its true thats not so bad really ....that is just the truth......BUT if you outright lie about someone that is wrong and a terrible thing to do ......It not only hurts them it could hurt their jobs ....it could hurt their families ....it could even hurt you in some way.....its called KARMA .......I try to do right ....I really do .....I try to be even handed and good natured with everyone but sometimes you have to decide between right and wrong.....I have friends who right now are suffering in some way because of whats been said about them . COLD THINGS.....things that should never be said and I feel terrible about having to even explore the option of not being friends with someone as a result of these things .....but thats what I feel like I have to do ....It is not right ....I wish I had the words to to bring some type of comfort to those being talked about but know this----I support yall.....I respect yall......and I will stand by yall. Plain and Simple. Karma .....it works The Mission Trip was a blast but it almost seems like old news now and I really dont have any drive to post about it ...... SUPERMAN RETURNS TODAY.......I am just about to bust a gasket about this one folks but I am nowhere near as excited and my geek friend Nick.....Tomorrow night at 9:30pm we will be there to see it ..... George W. Bush does not even follow the laws that he signs into law......!????! I wish I could say that I am deeply shocked by this little bit of info....I wish I could say that it makes me want to protest in the streets....But to be honest I am no longer shocked my this sham of an administration .....They get us involved in a war in a country that had nothing but hate for us but no means to do anything to us.....Dont use the argument of WMD.....it dont hold water and you know it ......They snub their noses at the economy with the hope that it will turn around.....they trample on the civil liberties of american citizens and also crap on the idea of the Constitution.....I could go on but I am sure there is some type of limit on the length of blogs.....and now today it comes out that he signs something at the same time he signs a law in being that basically protects him in the future from the same the law he expects not just terrorists but american citizens to follow.....this President is scary folks ....SCARY....Ben Franklin said it best " Those who are willing to give up a little freedom for a little security ...deserve neither" Two years and counting ....... I had something I was going to post about the flag burning discussion going on in our overpaid Congress this week but I think I have said enought for tonight .....See ya round

No comments: