Friday, March 21, 2008

At a Crossroads ...........


Forgive me now for what is going to be a VERY random mixture of thoughts and ideas..............

So here I am .....9 years into living in Montgomery Alabama and to borrow a line from The West Wing " Some things are different and some things are exactly the same ."

I have spent the better part of a the last week thinking about things ....Life, family,friends,love,jobs and my place in all that are mentioned.

I am ready for a new start.....something fresh. Outside of Montgomery perhaps or if not that then something new and fun here in Montgomery.

I have never really enjoyed video games ...even as a child. They bored me. I went through a period where I enjoyed Zelda back in the late 80s early 90s?? I guess is the time frame....

WWii is fun though ....
I have always done my own thing ....but more often than not I have always tended to go with the flow ...follow the crowd.

I do have strong opinions about politics and religion. Social issues such as gay rights,a womens right to choose and school vouchers are all things that get my attention.

Would Barack Obama be a better president than Hillary Clinton? John McCain? Who the hell knows ...I still have doubts about that issue.

I wonder if President Obama will fill his cabinet with people like him or with people more closely allied with his former minister.

I believe Sen Obama when he says that he could not cut off his friend and pastor of nearly 20 years.

I dont believe him when he said he knew little or nothing about what his pastor believed in ..I mean come on......I have worked with/for my pastor for over two years now and I have a pretty decent idea as to what he believes in ....

Race is the issue that has divided us more than anything in this nation .....We have managed to survive other big issues but we always seem to return to race.

As Lord John Marbury said on WW" It is our original sin" It all goes back to slavery. Shame that it does but here we are in the year 2008 talking about something that could literally derail Sen Obamas chances of being president.

I am a jerk at times towards other people. I make fun of others too easily and I am ashamed to say that I do that....

I have not smoked a cigarette since December 30,2007. I could sit here right now and smoke a whole friggin pack though....

I have missed Bham these past two weeks....am going Tuesday though.....seeing my british friends.

Do I have the nuts to step out and make a big change ? Move forward with what I think is right with my life?

I have some health issues that have been going on for the past year or so and they are not yet resolved. I see my doctor soon for another checkup after that my next step is to find a doctor in Birmingham at UAB and see what they say .....

I dont sleep late in the morning ..... 8am is about it for me .....I have friends that can sleep all morning and thats great for them but its just not my thing. If I wake up then I am up ....bathroom,coffee,paper.

I like reading a newspaper.....something I can hold in my hand ....turn the pages and get the ink on my fingers. I will from time to time check out something online at a newpapers website but something is missing for me ....

Did I mention that I need a change .....something drastic !!

I find each day that I become more and more my dad.....I am impractical with money sometimes,can drive pretty bad at times,tend to react to quick to things.

I can very moody at times....

Jack Daniels at the Peabody lobby Bar in Memphis tastes better for some reason ...


Anyway ....time for bed I guess .










2 comments:

Nick M. said...

I like the new look (I'm guessing it goes with your need for other changes). I want to hear more. Come see us tomorrow sometime if you have it, want to hear more about this post and the things in it.

Laura Mielke said...

I love this style of posting... stream of consciousness? I posted yesterday and on paper it sounds like you and I are on opposites sides of the road at that crossroad! You want things to start moving and change to turn things over...I need things to slow down to appreciate exactly where I am in life! nonetheless, I believe that it is Spring and Easter that sing to the Christian's heart about rebirth and newness. I hope you find what you are looking for.