Sunday, March 15, 2009

Its Right Across the Street


So......

I just wanted to post a quick rant before I get on the road headed for home ...

I arrived in Asheville about 9pm on Thursday night and went to check into the Haymont Inn. The guy at the desk does not have my reservation !?!?! Huh ?

Guy nope sorry , no reservation.

Me-Ok, do you have a room ?

Guy- Sure , a king room , no problem. One night?

Me-Noooo, actually I need a room for three nights... like my orginal reservation said.

Guy-Ohhhhhhh sorry that room has already been booked for the weekend!?!?!?

Me-What? Really? That quick?


So here is what happened...a couple of weeks ago there was some type of security breach on my account and the bank sent me new cards. THe card i had used to make the reservation was used to "hold" the room and by the time i was set to head to NC that card had been cancelled since I had received a new one...

If you dont show up to the Haymont Inn by 8pm on the night of your reservation they automatically bill your room for the amount. When they went to do that my card was declined since it had been cancelled anyway.


The guy at the hotel showed me the paper where my stuff was declined and I noticed that someone had written on it "RESERVATION CANCELLED 8:31".....

I am not upset about their policy of cancelling things ....i was a little put out that they rented the room in less than 30 minutes and seemed to care less about what I was going to do ...


I called Howard Johnsons next door and got in for the rest of the weekend at a cheaper rate no less....

As Stephanie said in her blog ....The customer service industry is geared to be good for the industry not the customer it seems. Sad

This Howard Johnsons needs some work BAD....but the rooms are HUGE and CLEAN. Beds are very comfortable and overall its a nice place to stay ....

Hey Haymont....Learn a few things from your neighbors!


No comments: