Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Y Not ...


So ......

After much talk and discussion with friends and family I joined the Montgomery YMCA on Thursday. My primary reason is to get into a regular workout/excercise program. The thing that propelled me to do this was what happened last weekend in North Carolina.

After arriving at Mt Mitchell Park we decided to take a very short hike to the peak.....That turned out to be a bad idea for me. While it was not a long hike it was a steep hike and I tell ya folks ...I just about got me.

I was incredibly out of breath...heart was pounding....sweat pouring. It was a sad sight and of course I was trying to laugh it off.

But the main thing is this ....it scared the CRAP out of me.

So ...I joined the Y. Its a good step in the right direction.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We joined a few weeks ago too. Brian has been working out in the early mornings and is really enjoying it.

Nick M. said...

We are joining TODAY. GAME ON!!

Eleanor said...

YAY you!!!