Monday, March 23, 2009

To Tweet Or Not To Tweet.....


So..........

After almost two weeks of trying out Twitter I have come to this conclusion....Its not for me.


I have been getting feeds on my phone and have been updating as much as I thought was necessary....I have read folks updates as they have come across the feed....I have heard and read the pros and cons of this little treasure known as "tweet tweet" and have decided that its just not my bag . Here is why I dont think its a good fit for me ...


I dont need to know what folks are doing every second of their lives. I dont need to be a part of converstations being held between two folks.....Converstations that have nothing to do with me.

And I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to follow what I am doing


-jason is taking out the trash then reading.

-jason is updating Facebook then headed to Target.

-jason is about to have his teeth cleaned.

-jason is working, at work, working, blah!


Really? This makes for a really boring day if thats all folks read.

I am not calling anyone ANYONE boring....am just saying that it would be boring to me to have only that type thing to read on Twitter. Why does anyone care what I am doing ? Every time I turn around

Twitter will not change my life...Facebook has not changed my life....They are just a small part of my daily life..... And now Twitter has gone the way of the DoDo Bird in my life...its gone.


I with everyone the best with Twitter. Some of yall love it ..some of yall are on the fence.


If any of yall want to let me know what you are doing .....Give me a call anytime!


5 comments:

Nick M. said...

I am really shocked that you haven't drawn the ire of the masses yet with this post. I am still on the fence about ole "tweet tweet" I may keep it around just for computer applications or I may put it back on my phone. I have enjoyed it but the practical side of me says I have enough distractions the way it is. I really don't know at this point. Only time will tell I suppose.

Laura Mielke said...

i think you know how I feel about twitter but for the masses i'll go on and say it. I feel the same about twitter as I do about fb applications.. who cares what your top tv shows are and who cares that you are standing in line at star bucks waiting on a ___? I don't get it at all... actually I DO get it... people who tweet care ;)

The Bean said...

I am still on the fence. I'm not online enough to get into any conversations and I haven't signed up for it on my phone because I don't know what it will charge me. I have unlimited texting so does that mean it won't cost me anything extra???? And I care what you're doing. We need another bet so you can make me a cake this time. :)

Stephanie said...

I haven't done it because I don't want to be chained to the computer. My daily work does not require a computer, so I don't want to be constantly interrupting what I'm actually doing to go tell everyone what I'm doing.

Then again, i usually catch on to these things six months after everyone else, so probably by October I'll think it's the best thing ever.

mary said...

I think your feelings are entirely rational. I felt that way for much of the beginning of twitter. I think it's easier for someone who lives amongst most of their close friends to think twitter is a waste of time.

For me, because of twitter, several times a week I get the feeling lie I'm back at Huntingdon out at the Steak & Shake with Nick and Valerie & Lane and also many of our newer friends joking around with each other. That is something I can't replicate in Boston. Half the time I feel like me, and lane and valerie and nick and whoever are all on a back porch somewhere shooting the sh#t. This is something that twitter offers me that I can't get anywhere else. I constantly know what is going on in their lives. It's awesome.

But, if I were like you and almost all my close friends lived right down the street. Twitter does seem absurd so I totally appreciate your aversion.

Thanks for sharing your viewpoint though. I'm glad to know you through blogging even if you aren't on twitter :-)