Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Almost 24 hours ....

So......
I had a pretty nice day today. After seeing a friend off to bham I had ChikFilA biscuits with my brother and we had a nice talk about our dad and the election yesterday. Today would have been my Dads 63 birthday. Its always a bitter moment when you wake up and realize that someone you loved would have had something special going on in their lives that day.
My dad would have so loved seeing Sen Obama elected last night .....He worked hard in his life to help those around him and I love him for that and am proud of him for that....

The election of Senator Obama as our next president was a huge thing for this country. Its amazing to think that just a few decades ago african americans could not vote and now this ....I love this country.

As always I am always saddened when I talk to some folks at my church . I know most of the folks in my church were leaning or voting for McCain. I talked politics today with folks that I knew would share my feelings but I never once mentioned last night to some others.
At supper tonight I had three seperate people seem to go out of their way to say something to me about the election.....and none of what they had to say was positive in anyway . Thats unfortunate because I said from the beginning that if McCain won I would be upset but I would do my best to support and pray for him.
One man even asked was I comfortable with the fact that a known Muslim was elected.....I just walked away. What else am I supposed to do at this point in the game ?? Argue ? Fight for my man ? At this point it seems a tad bit crazy ....
But all three of these folks had this HUGE tone of bitterness in their voice. To hear them you would think we had opened the floodgates of hell last night .....

I dont know ....
And to add insult to injury I think I am getting sick with something...I have coughed like crazy today and just feel blah all over ....
Maybe Thursday will be better...

I love you Daddy and miss you so much ....

No comments: