Monday, November 10, 2008

Q and A .....


So.....

Stephanie posted on here blog a list of questions centered around the idea of "getting to know you" and encourged everyone else to do the same on their blog and to then add a few questions of our own ....here goes .


What was your favorite birthday?

It had to be in 2005. I was visiting friends out in Oceanside, California and on the day of my birthday we decided to drive up to LA...just for the day. On our way out of town we stopped and got Starbucks and my friend mentioned to the folks there that I was from Alabama and it was my birthday....so the folks in the store sang to me.

We then decided to stop at a Dennys and eat breakfast and again they all sang to me there...

I made a casual comment that the Anaheim exit was coming up and we should have planned to go to Disneyland instead....since we had all visited LA before, we stopped and went to Disneyland .....My friend mentioned to anyone who would listen that it was my birthday that day and at the ride ITS A SMALL WORLD the entire group of people in line sang to me ....That was my favorite birthday that I can recall. A great day. Fun.


What is your favorite way to spend a day off?

I am off on most Fridays but many of those days find me at the church doing something...but on those days when I am not doing anything I enjoy sleeping a little later, making some coffee, listening to some music and just doing nothing.


What is the best song to turn up all the way and sing to ?

Thats a hard one for me but usually its anything Sinatra....Maybe New York New York or All of Me .


What television show will cause you to ignore your roomate/spouse/children/phone until the next commercial?

Hmmmm not sure again ...but maybe it would be the West Wing even though I have seen every episode at least 4 times. If not the WW then for sure LOST.


When was the last time you cursed at the TV?

Perhaps during one of the presidential debates this year or during one of Jay Love's ads for congress.


If you have kids, what are you most likely to let your kids get away with when you're tired?

I dont have kids.


Aside from major milestones, what is your best moment (to date)?

Getting to see my Nana back in the early summer before she passed away....her mind was as clear as a bell that day and we had a wonderful last visit.


Are you an extrovert or introvert? How do you know?

I would like to think that I am the life of the party but in reality that is very much NOT TRUE. It takes me a while to warm up to almost any situation unless its just me and very close friends and even then I can be distant to begin with....


If had the resources and chance to do it ...where would you live right now ?

Asheville North Carolina.


What would be the biggest achievement in your life ?

Trying to live who I am ....its perhaps the hardest challenge in my life so far.



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Biggest achievement: contentment.

Also, what a GREAT birthday story. That would be my favorite too.

Laura Mielke said...

nice post Jas