Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Wagon Queen Family Truckster .....

So....
Tonight I was over visiting the Mielke's after church and we got to talking about all the cars/trucks we have owned or had the pleasure of driving since we became 16 years old.


My first car was my mothers old car and it was a 1980 or 82 Buick LeSabre. That's a lighter version above. It was a dark milky brown color with dark brown interior and a huge bench seat in the front. IT WAS A BEAST and it almost got me all the way through high school. The engine blew my senior year and after that my dad bought this....


A 1978 Chrysler New Yorker. In a word it was WET. For some reason something leaked ALL THE TIME and the front carpets were always wet. Not damp but wet...squishy,soppy,smelly wet. In the summer if you ran the air conditioner(which did not really work) and then got out and left the car in the heat...the moisture would build up inside and condensation would form on everything. From outside you would think two teenagers were going at in the backseat with the way the windows fogged up. On a side note I did feel alot like a Chicago gangster!

So I graduated and someone at Lou Gultz Motors decided it was a good idea to give me a loan and I purchased this ....




A 1994 Ford Taurus. It was a good decent car that ran really good but man did I put the miles on that sucker and at about 110,000 something went screwy with the transmission.
You would be sitting at a red light and when the light changed to green and you hit the gas the car would just REV up real high and there was a clicking noise....after about 10-15 second the gear would shift and the whole car would lurch forward....Violently!

In 2004 I bought a used 2001 Monterro Sport and have been driving it ever since ...It is a good car. Foreign made cars are just better. Its got almost 100,000 miles on it and i have had no troubles out of it ....


So there ya have it ...my car history....so its your turn ..

Tell us what you drove

2 comments:

Laura Mielke said...

I love this post My question from last night remains unanswered... "why did cars have to get smaller?"

Nick M. said...

I know we talked about this last night but it still made me laugh out loud reading it today! Good job. I will try and post mine tonight. That's right "T-Racer" fans...Hold your excitement!