Monday, February 08, 2010

Dont Panic

So.....

I think I give people the wrong idea.
I have mentioned before my motivation to getting into better shape being a picture that was made of me back in August.
Yet that was not the only thing that motivated me .....
The hardest part about being obese is that I never really appreciated the great life I had and have.
I always short-changed myself.
I never really appreciated my wonderful friends or great family I have.
I never thought about the friends that truly cared about me or having a the job that pushed me...and made me take the lives of others into my own hands.
I never appreciated that McDonalds had a healthy menu, or that most restaurant booths are made for people up to 300 pounds.
I never appreciated that Dillards carried pants that were size 52 and I never appreciated that if I were to ever email Weight Watchers they would have given me a membership just to see me lose weight(its true).
Why would I. I was 381 pounds. None of that applied to me. none of that catered to me.I made my Hell.
I never blamed myself for all the crap that I ate.
I never blamed myself for the poor choices I made......It was societys fault....BUT once I started to lose the weight, things started to make sense.
I truly appreciated the beauty of my life.

My job has gotten better.
McDonalds is not Satan.
Airlines did not hate me.
Booths are better than tables....

I do have advice you have not heard.....
I can help some and annoy others.

1. Society is not to blame for my or your weight gain.
2. Gaining weight one week is not a lifetime failure.
3. My life and yours is better than you think.
4. There are always people who are heavier than I am.
5. There are always people who are lighter than Iam.
6. The meanest people are the same ones that will hug you when you succeed.
7. Saying NO is sexy.
8. There is no such thing as a limited time food. The McRib has been around for years and chocolate candy or chips and dip will always be there to comfort you.
9. After losing weight, you...me..whoever will have to look at yourself in the mirror and be happy.
10. I have to want it.....
and number 11....Do not short-change yourself....always refer to number 3.

Goodnight my friends....

No comments: