Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too Much


So....


I found this list of IFs online ...enjoy.


If you dance at a concert and the band skips, you might have a weight problem.


If your double chin has a double chin, you might have a weight problem.


If your favorite thing to eat on cookies is frozen cookie dough, you might have a weight problem.


If you direct-deposit your paycheck to the break room vending machine, you might have a weight problem.


If they recognize your voice when you call to order a pizza, you might have a weight problem.


If you’re a member of the Ham-of-the-Month Club, you might have a weight problem.


If you have to iron your pants on the driveway, you might have a weight problem.


If you put gravy on your Raisin Bran, you might have a weight problem.


If you eat dinner at a fast-food joint and then swing by the drive thru on your way out of the parking lot, you might have a weight problem.


Sometimes.....this blog seems to take on a life of its own. It seems to write itself and other times I find something online that I feel like sharing and I post it here as I have done with the IFs above.

And sometimes its odd how often people will comment that they really needed that laugh today or really needed that call to arms today or really needed that swift kick in the butt today.


Here is my justification for the silly posts..... we are in this for the long haul ... you and me.

Were going to be here for quite some time… or at least thats the plan.

I dont want to bark at you or lecture you or even inspire you seven days a week but I wouldnt mind you thinking about this journey were on EVERY DAY. Some days, I think it’s okay that we just laugh at ourselves and laugh at this crazy situation that weve somehow put ourselves in.


To me, this isnt one of those “you gotta laugh to keep from crying” situations either..... It just feels good to laugh sometimes and when youre on a long trip like we are.... when youre pushing yourself to do something that feels even bigger than you are........it’s VERY nice to enjoy a light-hearted moment every so often.


Goodnight my friends....

No comments: