Sunday, February 28, 2010

It Is Well With My Soul


So......


It was one of those weeks last week.

A Birthday party for a dear dear friend. A night spent celebrating at our favorite place to sit down for a meal and drinks. A night spent telling stories...laughing....getting to know your closest friends even better. This brought up a question later in the week though ....In 20-25 years when we are sitting around with the grown up Harper, Lily,Campbell, RML and any other kids that are to come...Will there be a Sinclairs ? Odds are NO there will not be ....The places that our parents enjoyed are gone with the wind....Igors(the old good Igors, not that crap on the bypass that is not anything like what Igors was in the day ) The Elite(yes my parents ate at The Elite...yours ?) Dale's Penthouse (pre-fire)....Will we be sitting at some new place talking about "remember when we used to sit at Sinclairs till closing?"


So anyway back to the week that was ...

A week of not excercising like I should have....no regrets. I decided when I started this journey that I would not have regrets of any kind.....I would stumble, I would fall on my face from time to time but at the end of the day if I regretted anything then I really believe that it could and WOULD lead to more failure. It would lead me to get into a game of second guessing....It would lead me down a dangerous path of WHAT IFS....

I recognize that I am human and will stumble from time to time and thats what makes this time different than the other times....I am more informed in my decision making. I am wiser (with age) or at least I really think I am ....

I gained this week and for about the last two months I have been stuck in a cycle....gain two one week and then lose three the next....gaine one and then lose two. Up and down back and forth.

Am I upset at myself ....Hardly. Am I frustrated....a little.

I am very certain that very soon I am going to break free of this cycle and get back onto losing on a regular basis until I hit another low point in the cycle....Its part of the game. I get it .


So the numbers tonight ....


Starting Weight - 381 lbs


Todays gain- 2.0 lb


Total Lost - 59.5 lbs


Todays Weight 321.5 lbs


I am looking forward to my next week which actually begins my 30th week going to Weight Watchers....

Have a great week yall !!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Jason,

I love Sinclair's. I love the sense of community around here too - how people are irritated that Nancy Patterson's left the area - I hear it everywhere I go around here. Love the loyalty to our area. =)

Upping your exercise might help break your lose/gain cycle. Your body has become accustomed to your new habits, so increasing how many calories you're using may jump start something again for you.

Mary Tyler S. said...

I love this post. Grown up CSS, RML, Haper and Lillers - what a thought. I bet you didn't know that my Mom and Dad got engaged at the E-light AND I believe that is where they had their rehearsal dinner too.