Saturday, January 09, 2010

Don't Worry Bout Me

So........

Today was weigh in and am pleased to announce that I managed to lose 3.5lbs this past week. After a gain over the two week prior to that I am happy to perhaps be on track with losing weight again. Up or down though I am here for the long haul. Here are the numbers as of today ...

Starting Weight - 381 lbs
Todays loss- 3.5lb
Total Lost - 54 lbs
Todays Weight 328 lbs


Drinking. Most if not all of us have had a drink of some kind in our lives. Some of us love to go to a social event and have a drink in our hand. The feel of the glass and the feel of the warm as it flows down your throat.
I am no stranger to having a drink from time to time. I am no lush by any standards. But for almost the last 6 months I have almost completly stopped drinking. I can almost count on one hand how many times I have had a drink since August. Over the holidays I was at a party and I swear to you I maybe had two swallows of a beer. Thats it.
I would rather just go without at this point in my life....I am not saying that I will never again have a drink but when you sit and look at the points associated with drinking on the WW diet system its just not worth it to me anymore.
This will perhaps cause a little awkwardness in social settings from time to time. Being the guy who does not drink sometimes gets you a weird look.....I am ok with that too.

So I sit here a few short months away from my 36th Birthday....Living a cleaner life in regards to my eating and consumption of foods.
Its a good place to be ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely quit drinking many years ago and if I were at a social gathering I would get questions as to why. It was a little uncomfortable sometimes. Just hold your ground and know that not doing it is the best for you. And glad to see you are back on track!

Ryan