Thursday, January 28, 2010

God Save The Queen

So.......

Blogging is dead. No doubt about that ....Its as dead as a doornail. Going the way of the Dodo bird...Extinct. Many folks in my friends circle have predicted this for a while now and yup...Its official now.....but I am thinking it's just dead amoung my close friend group because I read tons of other blogs that are updated on a regular basis.
I am sad because I really enjoy blogging during the week. So my struggle is this ...do I admit defeat and join the bandwagon and shut down my blog. Put up a "Closed" sign on the door and ride off into the Twitter sunset? Here's my thing...in a short while something will come along that will of course replace Twitter. Its going to happen, right ?
I am sticking around for a couple more months to see what happens .....

Oh, it is probably the amount of sodium you had!"
Salt!!

I am as guilty as the next person for sometimes finding a reason behind my gain or my lack of motivation to excercise.
Folks blame salt... Not the decisions, but salt...
To lose weight you have to be honest.
To lose weight you have to not make excuses.
To lose weight dedication is important, but even more important is making sacrifices.

There are gyms all over montgomery .
There are nine million free weight loss websites to help motivate people.
95% of food has nutritional information on it.
You Tube has tons of workout videos.
Libraries have diet and fitness books.
We can cry and whine and tell ourselves life is not fair.
Guess what, you are right.
We can say the economy sucks. Guess what, it does.
But before we blame salt or lack of water for our weight gain We first have to blame ourselves.

See, losing weight is not hard.
It is not hard once we realize that we can do it. Once we realize that it is okay to make a bad decision, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking that decision was a good one.

Be honest, look at your decisions from the past week.
And go from there.

4 comments:

mary said...

you know how i feel generally. but, i think your blog is inspiring and we're all already invested to see how things turn out AND you've said yourself it helps you stay accountable. not to mention, you've been consistent with it since August. I say don't quit!

blogs with a theme - like weight loss or cooking or the "mommy" blog - are different - they develop a niche following and can survive the general demise of the blog. like cockroaches at the end of the world or whatever! haha. keep your blog!

Anonymous said...

I think it would be a mistake to end your blog. Even if only four people look at it regularly, you are still holding yourself accountable and inspiring people. Keep up the blog and the good work!

Ryan

Nick M. said...

I also say KEEP IT!

Anonymous said...

Don't stop blogging; it is my main way to keep up with your life. And your blogs are aways iteresting. JMH